2. WOMEN AND JUSTICE SUMMIT
WOMEN IN PEACE PROCESSES
The Women and Democracy Association (KADEM) organizes the Second International Women and Justice Summit at the WOW Istanbul Hotels & Convention Centres in Yeşilköy on 25-26 November, 2016.
The opening ceremony will be honoured by the attendance of His Excellency Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, the President of Turkey; Fatma Betül Sayan, the Minister of Family and Social Policies; and Filippo Grandi, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. The summit will focus on “Women in Peace-making Processes” and “Syrian Refugee Women and their Problems.”
Following the opening on Friday, 25 November, a Panel Discussion at the Ministerial Level will be held, which will include government ministers from Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Palestine, Croatia, Iran, Kosovo, TRNC, Liberia and Sri Lanka.
On Saturday, 26 November, the second day of the event, all woman-related issues will be discussed in four different sessions featuring Turkish and foreign participants. The main topics to be discussed at the sessions are as follows:
- Women in Peace-Making Processes
- Syrian Refugee Women and Their Problems
- Women in Business Life and Employment Opportunities
- Women in Political Life, Civil Society and Decision-making Mechanisms
- Ways to Fight Violations and Discrimination against Women
- Cultural Codes and Manhood
- Women in Cinema, Television and Social Media
- The Access of Women to Justice and Law